Announcement No. 17, s. 2023
|FOR :||HEADS OF CONSTITUTIONAL BODIES; DEPARTMENTS, BUREAUS, AND AGENCIES OF THE NATIONAL GOVERNMENT; LOCAL GOVERNMENT UNITS; GOVERNMENT-OWNED AND CONTROLLED CORPORATIONS WITH ORIGINAL CHARTER; AND STATE UNIVERSITIES AND COLLEGES|
|SUBJECT :||Dugtong Buhay, Handog ng Lingkod Bayan: 123rd Philippine Civil Service Anniversary (PCSA) Bloodletting Activity|
The 123rd Philippine Civil Service Anniversary (PCSA) celebration places the spotlight on the country’s 1.8 million state employees. As the lead agency in the event, the Civil Service Commission draws up activities for the whole month of September that underscore the contributions, capacities, and commitment of government employees, translated into four weeks devoted to the Lingkod Bayani (1st week), Paglilinang ng Yamang Tao (2nd week), Malasakit (3rd week), and Pasasalamat (4th week).
To highlight malasakit, the Civil Service Commission will conduct a nationwide bloodletting activity titled “Dugtong Buhay, Handog ng Lingkod Bayan.” Sharing precious blood is an act of generosity, compassion, and gratitude as it affords donors to selflessly give a part of themselves and support the medical needs of others; it is also a way of showing gratitude for the gift of life.
The details of the Bloodletting activity are as follows:
The 2023 PCSA Bloodletting Activity shall provide a valuable volunteerism opportunity for state workers as they donate blood. Specifically, the activity aims to:
- Promote and encourage volunteerism through voluntary blood donation among government employees;
- Instill civic spirit and the principle that a blood donation is a humanitarian act;
- Promote the benefits of blood donation to employee health and wellness; and
- Promote collaborative work between government agencies through bayanihan and “malasakit sa kapwa”.
B. EVENT DESCRIPTION
- Led by the CSC Regional Offices (ROs) and the Human Resource Relations Office (HRRO), the bloodletting activity will be held in the third week of September as one of the initiatives under the Malasakit banner of the PCSA celebration.
- The activity will be held in coordination with the Philippine Blood Center (PBC).
- The activity will be held for three days in the National Capital Region; CSC ROs will determine the specific day within the said week, from 8:00 am to 3:00 pm.
For Metro Manila
19 September 2023 – CSC Resource Center, IBP Road, Batasan Hills, Q.C.
20 September 2023 – Philippine Blood Center, Quezon Ave. Diliman, Q.C.
21 September 2023 – SM Mall of Asia (Music Hall), MOA Complex, Pasay City
Outside Metro Manila (Regions I to XII, CAR, CARAGA, and BARMM)
Region Date Venue CSC RO I 19 September 2023 CSC RO I Building, Quezon Avenue, San Fernando City, La Union CSC RO II 19 September 2023 Tuguegarao City CSC RO III 19 September 2023
20 September 2023
Regional Blood Center, DOH RO3 CSC RO IV 22 September 2023 Imus, Cavite CSC RO V 21 September 2023 Legazpi City CSC RO VI
05 September 2023
08 September 2023
LGU San Jose Buenavista, Antique
Guimaras State University
CSC RO VII 18 September 2023 LGU-Talisay City CSC RO VIII 19 September 2023 Patriotism & Integrity Halls, HRC Bldg. CSC RO VIII CSC RO IX 18 September 2023 KCC Mall de Zamboanga, Gov. Camins Road, Zamboanga City CSC RO X 19 September 2023 CSC RO X Training Hall CSC RO XI 19 September 2023 University of Southeastern Philippines Gymnasium and Cultural Center CSC RO XII 19 September 2023 KCC Mall, Koronadal City CSC RO CAR 21 September 2023 CSC CAR L&D Center CSC RO Caraga 20 September 2023 SM City Butuan, Event Center CSC RO BARMM 20 September 2023 CityMall Activity Area, Cotabato City
- All agencies are enjoined to participate in the bloodletting activity as part of the 123rd PCSA celebration. Heads of public sector employee organizations (PSEOs) are also enjoined to have their members donate blood.
- Government employees who participate in the bloodletting activity are deemed on official business on the scheduled dates. Those who qualify and actually donate blood shall be entitled to a one (1) day compensatory time-off, pursuant to CSC-DBM Joint Circular No. 2, s. 2004.
- Blood donors will be screened based on the following guidelines:
- must be 18 to 65 years old;
- must be at least 110 lbs or 50 kgs;
- Not anemic; hemoglobin level must be atleast 125 g/l;
- blood pressure must be between
Systolic: 90-160 mmHg
Diastolic: 60-100 mmHG; and
- Pulse rate: 50 to 100 beats/min.
Reminders for the blood donors:
1. Before Donating Blood:
a. have enough rest and sleep;
b. no alcohol and medicine intake for at least 24 hrs.;
c. eat light meals, avoid fatty foods; and
d. drink plenty of fluids like water and juice.
2. What to Do After Donating Blood:
a. increase fluid intake;
b. avoid stooping down;
c. avoid strenuous activities;
d. if there is swelling and discoloration at the punctured site; apply cold compress for 24 hours;
e. rest for 10 more minutes; and
f. if the donor still does not feel well, he/she may consult a doctor/physician and inform the Philippine Blood Center immediately.
7. All interested donors should register through the official registration links or online platforms, which will be provided by the respective CSC Regional Offices.
Registration Period: 01 - 31 August 2023
Registration Link for NCR: https://bit.ly/NCR-Bloodletting
View full document here: Announcement No. 17, s. 2023: Dugtong Buhay, Handog ng Lingkod Bayan