- Determine cost effectiveness, value for money, and benefits of major investments and expenditures of the Commission;
- Clarify and enhance individual and unit accountabilities of established systems and procedures;
- Evaluate the efficiency of operations and determine whether CSC policies are being followed consistently in all offices of the Commission;
- Correct deficiencies in established internal control systems and procedures; and
- Recommend improvement/reengineering of internal control systems and procedures.