SPECIFIC FUNCTIONS OF OLA:
- Conduct fact-finding investigation;
- Investigate cases affecting the functions of the Commission, and
- Represent the Commission in cases pending, with the regular court or other tribunals.
- Prosecute administrative disciplinary cases filed directly or instituted by the Civil Service Commission.
Liason and Legal Assistance
- Render counseling services and other assistance to the transacting public and to the other Offices of the Commission;
- Disseminate opinions and rulings of the Commission in coordination with Regional and Field Offices;
- Represent employees of the Commission who are charged before the Courts or other tribunal with alleged offenses committed in connection with the performance of their duties; and
- Render comments and recommendations on proposed legislation or bills affecting the Civil Service.
- Evaluate and act on administrative disciplinary cases brought on appeal to the Commission;
- Evaluate and act on cases involving decisions of agency heads involving personnel actions; and
- Evaluate and act on cases brought on appeal involving disapproved appointments or any action/decision made by Civil Service Regional or Field Offices.
Special Task Force
- Fast track resolution of cases that needs immediate action/decision from the Commission; and
- Investigate complaints against Commission officials and employees.
- Conduct research on legal issues brought before the Commission;
- Undertake legal studies relevant to the Civil Service;
- Serves as the training arm of the Office for Legal Affairs; and
- Conduct training/seminars/workshops to officials and employees of the Commissions and of other agencies pertaining to legal matters
- Provide administrative support services like records management, personnel concerns, etc.